Using its SECU academic initiative, the Southeastern Conference sponsors, supports and promotes collaborative higher education programs and activities involving administrators, faculty and students at its fourteen member universities. The SEC also provides an online platform to showcase achievements of these individuals on regional, national and international levels.
- Highlight the endeavors and achievements of SEC faculty, students and universities
- Advance the academic reputation of SEC universities beyond their traditional regions
- Identify and prepare future leaders for high-level service in academia
- Increase the amount and type of education abroad opportunities available for students
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among SEC university personnel
SECU PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
Keys to Preventing Obesity from University of South Carolina Researchers09.19.2014
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than one-third (78.6 million) of adults in the U.S. are obese. But while many focus on treating obesity, the 2014 SEC Symposium is bringing together some of the top researchers at SEC universities who are looking to stop...
2014 SEC Symposium Begins Sunday09.18.2014
The second annual Southeastern Conference Symposium, entitled Prevention of Obesity: Overcoming a 21st Century Public Health Challenge, begins this Sunday at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. The three-day event is designed to address a significant scholarly issue by utilizing the range of...