Using its SECU academic initiative, the Southeastern Conference sponsors, supports and promotes collaborative higher education programs and activities involving administrators, faculty and students at its fourteen member universities. The SEC also provides an online platform to showcase achievements of these individuals on regional, national and international levels.
- Highlight the endeavors and achievements of SEC faculty, students and universities
- Advance the academic reputation of SEC universities beyond their traditional regions
- Identify and prepare future leaders for high-level service in academia
- Increase the amount and type of education abroad opportunities available for students
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among SEC university personnel
SECU PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
University of South Carolina President, Provost to Speak at SEC Symposium07.11.2014
Second Annual SEC Symposium, Focusing on Obesity Prevention, Set for September 21-23 BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – University of South Carolina President Dr. Harris Pastides and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Dr. Michael Amiridis will speak during the SEC Presidents,...
SEC Commissioner, Professor of the Year to Speak at SEC Symposium07.10.2014
Second Annual SEC Symposium, Focusing on Obesity Prevention, Set for September 21-23 BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive and 2014 SEC Professor of the Year Dr. John E. Hall of Ole Miss will speak on the opening day of the second annual SEC Symposium, to be...