Using its SECU academic initiative, the Southeastern Conference sponsors, supports and promotes collaborative higher education programs and activities involving administrators, faculty and students at its fourteen member universities. The SEC also provides an online platform to showcase achievements of these individuals on regional, national and international levels.
- Highlight the endeavors and achievements of SEC faculty, students and universities
- Advance the academic reputation of SEC universities beyond their traditional regions
- Identify and prepare future leaders for high-level service in academia
- Increase the amount and type of education abroad opportunities available for students
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among SEC university personnel
SECU PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
Keynote Speakers for 2014 SEC Symposium Announced02.13.2014
Second Annual SEC Symposium to Focus on Obesity Prevention By: Sean Cartell SECU (Twitter: @TheSECU) BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Keynote addresses from a pair of leading public health industry experts highlight the 2014 Southeastern Conference Symposium, entitled "Prevention of Obesity:...
Second SEC Symposium to Focus on Obesity Prevention12.02.2013
By: Sean Cartell SECU (Twitter: @TheSECU) The 2014 Southeastern Conference (SEC) Symposium is officially less than a year away, and members of the SEC and lead university staffs are busy preparing for this academic conference-style event, entitled Prevention of Obesity: Overcoming a 21st...