Using its SECU academic initiative, the Southeastern Conference sponsors, supports and promotes collaborative higher education programs and activities involving administrators, faculty and students at its fourteen member universities. The SEC also provides an online platform to showcase achievements of these individuals on regional, national and international levels.
- Highlight the endeavors and achievements of SEC faculty, students and universities
- Advance the academic reputation of SEC universities beyond their traditional regions
- Identify and prepare future leaders for high-level service in academia
- Increase the amount and type of education abroad opportunities available for students
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among SEC university personnel
SECU PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
SEC Symposium Q&A: Dr. Russ Pate08.27.2014
The 2014 Southeastern Conference Symposium, entitled Prevention of Obesity: Overcoming a 21st Century Public Health Challenge, will be held September 21-23 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. The University of South Carolina is the lead institution for this year’s event, and the school’s...
Credential Requests for 2014 SEC Symposium Now Being Accepted08.04.2014
The Southeastern Conference is now accepting applications for media credentials to cover the 2014 SEC Symposium, set for September 21-23 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. Credential requests will be accepted through August 22. Designed to address a significant scholarly issue by utilizing...