Using its SECU academic initiative, the Southeastern Conference sponsors, supports and promotes collaborative higher education programs and activities involving administrators, faculty and students at its fourteen member universities. The SEC also provides an online platform to showcase achievements of these individuals on regional, national and international levels.
- Highlight the endeavors and achievements of SEC faculty, students and universities
- Advance the academic reputation of SEC universities beyond their traditional regions
- Identify and prepare future leaders for high-level service in academia
- Increase the amount and type of education abroad opportunities available for students
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among SEC university personnel
SECU PROGRAMS & ACTIVITIES
Entrepreneurial Pitch Competition Includes SEC Alumni as Judges08.27.2015
One unique aspect of the SEC Symposium is its consideration of student participants, both graduate and undergraduate. This year, in keeping with the theme of innovation and entrepreneurship, students will participate in a team pitch competition judged by SEC alumni. The 2015 SEC Symposium...
SEC Students to Showcase Creative, Entrepreneurial Skills at SEC Symposium07.21.2015
The 2015 SEC Symposium, entitled Creativity, Innovation & Entrepreneurship: Driving a 21st Century Economy, will take place Sept. 20-22 at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta. This year’s event, led by the University of Florida, will explore the university’s role in preparing individuals to...